Step 1 – Deciding to buy.
- Do you plan to live in your new home for at least three to five years?
- Have you reviewed your budget?
- Do you know your credit score?
- What is your budget? Did you know your total housing expense (mortgage principal, interest, taxes, insurance and other fees) should not exceed 28-30 % of your gross income.
- Are you clear on what you are looking for in a new home? Make a list of how many bedrooms, bathrooms, garage, detached or attached, etc, and be clear with your real estate agent on what you are looking for.
Step 2. Get Pre-Approved
Pre-approval does not necessarily lock you into an interest rate. Unless otherwise stated, the interest rate that the lender quotes may fluctuate with the market between the time you first meet with the lender and the time you have an executed contract. We recommend contacting our lending affiliate Patrick McCormick. See TAB “Why We Align” to talk with Patrick McCormick of McCormick Mortgage Services.
Step 3. Choose a Brook-Owen Real Estate Agent who will begin your home search based on your desires.
Your agent will work on your behalf and walk you through the home buying process. Check out the “Agents” TAB. There are agents available and eager to work with you on your home search.